Chin injury, skin puncture, painful. Trouble eating and drinking due to numbness. What should I do?

While clearing brush I had a small branch strike directly to my left jaw about 1.5 in from the middle of my chin with the pointed end. It punctured my skin and was pretty painful. Now 24 hours later it s like I just left a dentist and the novacain still hasn t worn off. I have trouble drinking and eating. Is this due to inflamation? What should I do about this?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
hi..thanks for your query
The difficulties you are having in eating/drinking or talking might definitely be due to the inflammation you have .I hope your dentist has added suitable anti-inflammatory medications to reduce pain and swelling of the is advisable that you take semi-solid food meanwhile and allow 2-3 days for this to subside.
Hope this helps.Take care!