Child with throat congestion, continuous fever, no relief with antibiotics. How frequently should meftal be given?

hello dr, i consulted a pediatrician and see said my son 2.8 yrs (10.8kg) has throat congestion.. for first two days she suggested mild dosage like zyrcold & bricanyl... but the fever is still at 102... we have been givingg him meftal yesterday and today as well to reduce the temperture... also today started him on antibiotic (azilide) s since others didnt work. kindly let me know how long it take to get cured since the start of antibiotic and when the temperature is 100... hw frequently can we give meftal suspension 2.5ml.....
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012
You can give him Meftal-P 3.5ml thrice a day to relieve fever and it should go away in next day or two at most. Good luck.