Child with severe coughing causing vomiting, runny nose, tiredness. Relief measure?

Hello there, My 10 year old daughter has been coughing alot lately within the last month...sometimes coughing so hard that she throws up. She also has a runny nose once in a while and has been tired in school. Her father just adopted three babies that were being put into foster care who are always sick....and she watches them at his house. Now she is always coughing and sometimes it s over and over. What can I do to help her? He refuses to take her to the docter when she askes and due to us being divorced, he won t release her medical information to me to take her. Im at a loss as to what to do and what may be the problem
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012