Child with redness in his eyes. Prescribed Ocurest and olopad. Is it an allergy?

Hi My son is 8 years old and he has redness in both eyes, more in the right. The same condition had occured in dec 11, followed by august 12 and was subsequently cleared. During that time he was given lotopred and olopad. This time it occurred in jan 13 and was prescribed ocurest and olopad. His eyesight is 6/6. The doc said its an allergy snd occurs like the common flu probably because of change in season, i have macular dystrophy and am worried for my son, please advise/help.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013