Child with persisting high fever. Urine, blood culture, throat culture detected virus, no improvement with Motrin, Tylenol. Any other tests required?

My daughter is 4 years old and has had a on going fever for 7 days now. She is admitted into the pediatrics ward at the moment but I think they are overlooking something. Her fevers range from 102-104.5. The 3rd day I brought her to the ER she was running 104 fever they did a chest xray and a urine culture . Urine culture came back negative and chest xray said she had slight viral bronchitis , later we found out she did not. They wrote her a pescription for a cough she did not have, using my better judgement I did not give her the meds. I continued to give her tylenol and motrin alternating every 3 hours. I could only get her temp down to 100 degrees then an hour later it would shoot back up. The next night I brought her to a different ER and they did nothing at all. No tests at all. Just said she had a virus it would pass. The 6th day I couldn t watch her lay there burning up and miserable I brought her to her pedi who then admitted her and order a rapid strep test, a throat culture , a urine culture, and a blood culture . All tests came back negative except the urine culture which they said the white blood cell count was off slightly and the dr said she may have a small uti and gave her antibiotics but took her off when the blood culture showed there was nothing wrong with the white blood cell count. They have now decided it is a virus, what virus gives a toddler moderate to high fever for 7 days? I can t help but feel that they are missing something. Her temp is still raising after motrin and tylenol. They can t get it to go down no longer than an hour. Is there any other tests they should be doing? Or should they retest something? Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012