Child with lump under the armpit oozing yellow white pus. Which medicine can be used?

my 16 year old daughter had a lump under armpit. she didn t tell me how it was doing last couple of days. 2 days ago a spot about the size of a pea was brownish color. yesterday morning it turned inot a hole that she said was dry. this morning she now just told me it is a hole about the size of a dime and leaking some yello white puss. Should I go to an urgent care center or wait until tomorrow to see our doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Your daughter is having pyoderma.

It is a bacterial infection.It is red and tender initially,then becomes yellow and finally pus drains out.

You can ask her to apply a topical antiboitic cream like t bact and take oral pain killers.Hot fomentation will also help.

Ask her to use loose shirts.Keep the area dry and clean.Remove underarm hairs Regularly.

You need not to rush to emergency room.

Hope this will help you.Take care.