Child with loose stools, underweight. Is there a medical problem?

Hi. I am concerned my daughter may have a gastric problem as she frequently has loose stools (most days) and even when more solid they are very thin. She suffers from sicky burps quite often - goes through phases of being a little sick every day for a week or so then having a week off. She is underweight but eats extremely well and has a varied and well balanced diet . She has never shown any other symptoms of food intolerance and does not feel any stomache pain at the times of the above issues. Is this just something we accept as a bit quirky about her or could there be something medically wrong? Please advise?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013