Child with hoarse cough. Blood test showing high eosinophils. Montair LC prescribed. Is he getting asthma?

dear doctor, my son is 7 1/2 yr old. since Jan 13 he has hoarse cough . during this period the peaditrican gave him antibiotics twice within a gap of 3 weeks and all cough syrups and available medication . recently got an chest xray and blood tests done. there were 10% Esnophils. now the doc advices us to use Montair LC for 3 months. if not to start using inhaler (Asthalin 2 puffs) + prednosolone 5mg + neoventil 5ml. Kindly advice if this is serious and my son is getting Asthmatic. My father was Asthamatic since a the age of 17 yrs and lived upto 72 yrs. Also my mother in law is Asthmatic. will these heriditory asthma effect my son. Many thanks in advance.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013