Child with fever and woke up Hallucinating. Cause for hallucination?

My 8 year-old has been battling a fever for 3 days and woke up hallucinating. This happened to me as a kid. The second time he woke up hallucinating, it appeared that the fever had broken. Should it concern me that the hallucinations seemed to continue when he wasn t hot to the touch? I questioned him on his spelling and a recent school project to check his cognitive functions while it was happening and he was able to answer my questions. Any advice?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013