Child with chemical smelling stools. Took miralax. What is wrong?

My almost 2 year old has always had normal bowel movements and stool until recently. The past 1.5-2 weeks he has had very small, pasty, and almost chemical smelling stools. At first I thought maybe he was constipated, but we have tried prunes, juice, and Miralax for about a week now. Nothing seems to be changing. He used to have good sized bowel movements, but now it just seems to be "shart" poos accompanied by a tiny nugget (if that). The smell is the same for every one, very strong almost chemical smell.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013