Child with OI type 2/3 using ventilator, suffering from distended abdomen. Had Biopsy ruled out Hirsch sprung disease. Cause for Bloating?

I’m a father of a 4 year old boy named Alejandro Padilla and he has OI Type 2/3 and using a ventilator. Until about a two months ago he is suffering from a distended abdomen and the doctors in Puerto Rico can’t figure out what is the cause of his ailment. One surgeon is indicating that his ventilator is inflating his abdomen since no obstruction is visible on the CT scans that were performed and a second surgeon conducted a rectal biopsy and ruled out Hirschsprung disease. My question is can you help me in finding a medical facility in the continental U.S. that can assist us in figuring out what is causing this distention ( Bloating ) of the abdomen. Alejandro’s is so big and he has had multiple test that have also ruled out clostridium and lactose intolerance . I really would appreciate your assistance with this matter and I could be reached at any time. Respectfully Juan A. Padilla
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013