Child taking Amoxicillin. Redness on buttocks, bumps. Diaper rash or allergic reaction?

My son has been on amoxicillin for 5 days now out of 10 and this is the first time he has been on any medication . At around day 3 of the medication, we noticed his butt was red and he did not want you to touch it. we are keeping it very clean and dry and putting diaper rash cream on it. I looked at it today and it is red and has little bumps that look like pimples . Is this diaper rash, an alergic reaction, How can I make him more comfortable? oh and my son just turned a year old and was given amoxicillin for a ear infections.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012