Child suffering from loose motions, taking medicines. Treatment and diet?

SIR,my son 3yrs old wt17.5 kg ht 99cm is suffering from loose motion since 2 days 3-4 times a day. i am giving vizylac syrup 5ml twice a day. but its not affective.should i give him oflomac- m forte? please advice me what should i do. althohgh he is active.he doesn t like ors &likes to drink plain water ,juices ,pepsi etc & i stoped giving him milk.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, as your son is active and taking normal meals has no other symptoms you need not start him on antibiotics right away. If he doesn't like ors its ok try to give him any other fluid that he likes and juices are just fine.You could also try giving him coconut water. You may withhold milk for a few days. Give him curds which are good for him now substititing for milk. If the frequency doesn't come down or he is symptomatic then with the advise of your pediatritian anti-biotics can be started. For now just give him plenty of fluids and whatever he likes to eat. Do not restrict. Take care.