Child snapped penis, causing a cuts and swelling. Suggestion to prevent infection?

My 3 year old just snapped his penis with the toilet seat in the bathroom.. It bled a little from the outside where there are cuts, and is quite swollen and purple, almost like a blood blister . I ve applied YL Lavender essential oil as well as Frankincense every 10 minutes. Is there anything else I should be doing to prevent infection? Should I have him checked out by a doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
You should definitely visit a doctor.
if the bleed and blisters are superficial, nothing much to worry, It will be healed with some antiseptic cream / antibacterial ointment.
But if there is internal trauma, which are many a times invisible from outside, there may occur urinary and /or micturition problem.
Sometimes functional disability and fistulae are reported to be late complications.

Keeping all these in mind, it is best advice for you to visit to a surgeon as soon as possible.

all the best
Wish your son a speedy recovery
Any problem at any time, we are there for you.