Child screams uncontrollably, gets aggressive on waking him up before self waking. Solution?

If our grandson(4yr old twin) is awoken before he self-wakens, either by having to go to the bathroom or in the carseat when we stopped, he goes into a huge rage. Screaming uncontrollably, kicking, etc. If you approach him he gets aggressive, hitting his parents, or whoever. This started approximately 6-9 months ago, and probably about the time he did not take a midday nap. He has almost the same reaction to most things from approximately 4:30pm until bedtime (7:30pm).
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013

Thank you for your query.

It is not unusual to see such a behaviour with children who are unable to complete their sleep. I can understand your reaction but seeing from the child's point he needs to complete his sleep. My suggestion would be that for the next few days let him complete his sleep and he wakes up himself rather than someone waking him. After a few days nudge him to wake up near his waking hours so that it is a pleasant experience for him rather then something being forced upon him. Reward him profusely whenever he is not aggressive so that he understands that good behaviour shall be appreciated.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction.