Child s mouth hangs open with tongue pushing against teeth. Help

my kid's 5 1/2yrs. Her default is to hang her mouth open with her tongue pushing against her teeth.I am concerned for tooth deformities. She does this unconsciously. when reminded she will take her tongue in, keep her teeth and lips closed. In a few moments, esp when distracted, her mouth would be open again, with her tongue bulging in between her incisors. her interdental spaces around the incisors appeaar to be larger .i.e. her incisors have spaces between all 8 of them and they seem to be pointing slightly anteriorly,you know, like a greater than sign (>).
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013