Child passing reddish brown urine. Urine test done. What does report mean?

hello i am Deepak sharma my son age 5 year and 6 month old he go to urine his urine is rediesh brown. i gose to urine routine test his report is as under / reaction-acidic./ deposits- present / albumin- trace / sugar--absent / bilesalts- absent / bile pigments - absent / / pus cells - 1 to 2 h.p.f / r.b.c.- 10 to 12 h.p.f. // epithelial - 1 to 2 h.p.f please guide me what is the problem .
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Your sons urine report does indicate a problem. There seems to be a urinary tract infection (UTI), but due to the presence of blood in this quantity, it is best to rule out all other possibilities causing this.

Please request for a urine culture report which will also help in confirming a UTI, and also provide information on the best and most suitable antibiotic that can be used to treat your son. Also, please get an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound that would provide is with more information that would assist in ruling out/diagnosing other causes.

Please visit a urologist at the earliest for the same or a pediatrician.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.