Child passes foul smelling stools. Soft but not loose. Eats well. No vomiting, bloating. Suggestions?

Hi, my 8 year old son passes very foul smelling yellow stools. Soft, but not particularly loose.
This is ongoing for the last few months at least, since I first noticed.
He eats well, a good variety of foods ( not so good on vegetables maybe but plenty of everything else) and has no other abdominal symptoms, no tummy aches/pains, vomiting, ?bloating (but I think that's just his shape!)
No fatigue, lethargy, normal height and weight for his age.
Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Hi Dear

Welcome to the platform of Health Care Magic.

First of all we should think of infective etiology. So one should go for the stool routine and microscopic examination and stool culture. If result comes out in favor of infective. Then accordingly he can be treated with relevant antibiotic.

Malabsorbtion can be the second pathology which be diagnosed by the routine examination of stool.

Hope for the best.
Thanks