Child is being abused by its grandfather, no one believes it. Child is scared. Any inputs to solve this ?

my granddaughter is scared to stay where her mother is staying ,( which is with my ex-husband ) he is not my daughter`s father ( her stepfather ) and is the stepgrand father to my granddaughter, when i take`s her home she start`s crying , say`s her mom wont let her sleep with her , make`s my granddaughter sleep`s on a chair in the frontroom near my husband`s bedroom and my daughter is at the other end of the house and can`t see are hear her if she need`s her for help. my granddaughter has been at my house since school has close and it`s about time for it to reopen again ,and she don`t want to go back there to stay , saying he touch her , when i ask who she talking about , she say`s granddaddy is , i have tried to get her help and everyone is saying i am lying about it , and the mother tell`s the child she is lying to . i am not understanding why she is calling the child a lie , when she herself was raped at the age of 3 by a 13 year old boy that playing with her brother`s and other kid`s ( when she was a child ) i told her never call a child a lie and she is telling the truth . this child is having nightmare`s bad that i can`t sleep at night , only in the daytime. if he is touching her it wouldn`t be by penis ,, (, his mouth are finger`s only ) how can i tell ? she cover`s up across her breast if a man are boy stand`s near her , that is what got me watching her more closer when other people`s are around her , ( she is 8 years old ) and will be 9 soon , how can i help her ? i left my husband because he was abusing me and when i left him 3 years ago , that`s when i ound out my daughter move in with him , she has another little girl 2 year`s old and i fear for my grandchildren`s. but noone believe`s me on anything i say , i know what my husband is doing , and what he will do . can you give me some in put ,
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
It is a very difficult problem you and your granddaughter are facing. In today's world, the incidence of child abuse has gone up very much. Paedophiliacs as they are called, rarely admit to abusing a child. The child should be taken to a child psychiatrist for counselling and the atmosphere should be immediately changed. The mother should be convinced of what had happened, if needed, by counselling. Legal security can also be acquired as per the rules and the accused can be tried. The child needs lot of moral support from an understanding and dependable adult like you and would come out of the trauma in course of time. Any physical injuries should be attended to. Take care.