Child hurt in right eyebrow. Swollen like a lump. Gave hot compression. What is the treatment?

Hi, I am a mother of 21 months old baby.I have quick question that, today evening when my daughter was playing in the park, she hit in the swing and get hurt in her right eyebrows (little above her eyes). I gave her once hot compression.What should i do now? Its like a small lump but not exactly.Its just swollen little bit.Please can yor suggest me what should i do?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Thanks for your query
Your baby had hematoma formation at injury site due to rupture of small blood vessels.
Apply ice cold compresses over affected area for 5 to 10 minutes 2 to 3 times a day.
Give acataminophen for pain relief.
Watch for any lethargy/vomiting.bleeding from ear or nose.
In case you observe any feature take her to ER for further management.

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless..

General & Family Physician Dr. Masroor Mir Hussain's  Response
You shouldnt worry too much about it. The swelling should resolve by itself in a few days. If the baby has any pain you can give her some pain syrup.