Child having viral fever treated with antibiotics. Gums red, sensitive, unable to chew. Cure?

Hello Doctor..My 21 month old sn was suffering from Viral fever since last 5 days only yesterday the fever finally got over in the due course of the medication we gave him antibiotics changed the antibiotic to Cefpodoxime Proxetil dispensible tablets. Although he doesnt have any fever but his gums are very red and sensitive plus he is not able to chew much and screams with even a small amount of chilli. Please suggest how do we cure this.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013