Child having stomach pain and semi formed stool, taking metrogyl. Suggestion

My child is 7.5 years old and is having stomach pain from last Sunday i.e. 3rd June . I have already taken him to my house physician.My son has been advised to take Metrogyl 400 - 1.25 tablet - twice daily as he was having semi formed stool from 3rd June itself .The dosage started from 7th June , but I find the quality of stool has improved but the abdominal pain still persists throughout the day. Kindly help me with some suggestions.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012