Child having stomach ache. Started diarrhoea after taking tums and soda. Diagnosed as stomach flu. What should I do?

My 4 yr old has complain of stomach pain for some time now and I have given her tums which has helped before and I have also given her small portion of soda to help her burp. I don t think she should have stomach every day and she now has diarrhea for at least 2 weeks - Her school does not want her coming to school. What should I do? Please help - i have her at the doctor and all he said was that it s a stomach flu . I don t think stomach flu would hang around that long or he would say that she picked it up at school.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012