Child having small visible dent on the side of face near ear since birth. One cheek fatter than the other. Will it go on its own?

my 4 months baby girl is having small visible dent on the face (beside ear) & beacause of that her 1 cheek seems more fatter than othersif you from the front the dent is not visible:only from the side it is visible,,,,this dent is from her birth....we have asked to docto during birth & we have been told it will be gone after some time but nowdays if my baby turn her head it is more noticable...kindly advise
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
this is a fistula and normally seen in many children
no need to worry
this is developmental problem
you will have to wait for some years to decide it will go
if it doesnot go ad is silent no problem
if it gives symptomps of discharge swelling orpain
then we have to decide accordingly