Child having runny nose, gave Rhinex, dry blood inside nose, irritates when touched. What could this be?

Hi, my 2 year old had a runny nose and I was giving him rinex for it and a few weeks later his nose would bleed in his sleep then it became very dry with big hard boogies in it and would cry if we touched his nose, it irritates him at night while he sleeps and he would cry and it also stinks like dead blood but we can t really see the blood at the moment it just seems very dry but when he cries a clear liquid with a bit of thicker mucus would come out. What could it be?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012