Child having red blotchy rashes on stomach, back, knees. What could it be?

Hi my son is 2 1/2 and I noticed tonight during his bath that he has what appears to be a rather large red blotchy rashes on his stomach, back, and the back of his knees. He was just recently seen at the pediatrician apx 4 days ago of for a nasty cough ... Fever had stopped by the time I took him to the doctor. doc said it was just a cold . I also asked about much smaller spots on his torso, she s aid most lIkely it was dry skin . I am a little concerned now just doesn t look right, no other symptoms, no fever
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013