Child having recurrent fever with cold despite giving antibiotics. Advised blood and urine test. Whom to consult?

Hi My son was having fever then it went away for 5 days. again fever come back went away after 5 days. his antibiotics were started by doctor and again he was having cold for 4-5 days. and then again today he got the fever. i am not able to get is he having flu or what. and also we asked doctor do we need to do any tests while fever came second time he said no its allergic he was having viral fever and now he is having allergic cold. but now today when he got fever and we talked to doctor he asked to do blood test and urine test... is the doctor not enough intelligent to judge what my son is having or what is the issue i am not getting. whom should i consult for the same
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013