Child having recurrent cough and cold, nebulize with duolin, budecort respules. Will it hamper growth, immunity?

Hi my son is 2-1/2 yrs old has recurrent cough and cold which suddenly aggravates to coughing nonstop. He has this problem from the time he is 3 months old and every alternate month I end up nebulizing him with duolin and budecort respules. I did this till he was 18 months and after that his doctor has asked to start on budecort inhaler 2 times a day for three months. Which I did not do and started homeopath for him whih worked fine for 10 months and only aggravated his problem suddenly. Now I have started back on the budecort inhalers, My only concern now is will these steroid inhalers tamper his growth and immunity and will he get used to it all his life and will have to continue it. This recurrent cough and cold have as it is taken a tool on his immunity which is why he keeps falling sick every now and then
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013