Child having rash with small bumps and a lump under the armpit. Prescribed Mupirocin. Is it worrisome?

My nine yr. old son had a rash or so that s what we thought under his left side of his arm pit. Only the left side, it started off very small then it got worse. I took him to the doctor this past Friday and she wasn t sure but she did write a prescripition for an ointment called Mupirocin and an oral medication . As I was applying the ointment I noticed a lump under his armpit, just his left armpit. What could this be? Is it something we should take very seriously?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012