Child having persistent low grade fever. Strep negative. Itching on backs, arms, legs. Gave Benadryl, no help. Suggestions?

Hi, My 3 year old son has had a low grade fever 99.9- 100.5 for the past two months. The pediatrician tested for strep , which was negative. The fever continues but now in the past 3 days he is extremely itchy, particularly at night. It seems to start on his back and spread to arms and legs. He is absolutely miserable. We have tried Benadryl topical, Benadryl oral and Aveeno baths, to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks. Jen
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012