Child having fever, feels fatigues, headache, eats like crazy. Should i go for rheumatologist advice?

My 6yr old son was just referred to a rheumatologist for elevated wbc and high sed rate. We took him to our primary care physician because of fevers about every 6 weeks(give or take sometimes) since he was 2. He fatigues easily,complains of headaches and body aches. Eats like crazy but it is still so slender you can see every bone in his body. We made the appt for the rheumatologist but it s a few weeks away still. I was just curious what they would be looking for at this point.
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012