Child having dry patches, pus filled bumps on scalp. No help from shampoo, ointments. Remedy?

Hi. My daughter is 18 months old. For about 2 months we,ve been noticing small dry patches in her scalp in several places. I thought it was dandruff so I would scratch it with the comb before washing her hair. Soon I found that it wasn t dandruff and thought it was ringworm . We took her to the doctor but they couldn t really tell what it was but they prescibed us the medicated shampoo anyway. I ve been using the shampoo but it hasn t stopped the rashes . Now she has raised bumps in a few places that have smaller puss filled bumps on them. Some of them have crusted over. At this point I m not sure what this could be or how to remedy it. I ve been using bluestar ointment and rubbing small amonts in those places but that hasn t seemed to help either.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013