Child having difficulty in hearing, had pop corn seed dropped in accidentally, used ear drops. Remedy?

Hi my son failed a ear test last week at school. The hearing lady said he had a build up of wax in his ear so i took him to the doctor today and could not remove what it was. Gave is some drop and said to come back if the wax did nit come out. My son thouth and though and he said his cousin kept trying to put popcorn seed in his ear and thag looks like that is what it is. It has been in there a while im affraid to say whag should i do? Should i contact a e.n.t?
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012

Thanks for your query. It is advisable to get the ear examined by an ENT Specialist if you are unsure of the content in the ear passage. If is popcorn then ear drops are not going to have any effect and shall have to be removed by the specialist. Even if it was was then the secialist shall be able to remove it.

Wishing a good outcome.
ENT Specialist Dr. Sreenivas's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic

its not a major issue of concern
it could be a foreign body or just hard impacted wax,
it requires a thorough examination by an ENT specialist at the earliest ( if it is a vegetative foreign body like popcorn it can induce severe inflammation