Child having diaper rash, no improvement with medicines, dog in the house with fleas. Are flea bites a possibility?

My son is often watched by his grandma who has a dog in the house who has picked up fleas. He isn t in close proximity to the animal often, but he has what I though was a diaper rash developing since his stay hasnt responded to treatment as diaper rash, and it would normally. Have cleared up by now. Are flea bites a possibility? Its exclusively under his diaper area, specifically around the elastic where his legs are. Thanks in advance. - worried dad
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012