Child having cough, sore throat, gooey eyes and fever, spreading to other family member. Giving cough medicine

I have a baby that is almost 5 months old. Has been coughing for the last 3-4 weeks now. My 3 year old toddler started getting sick 9 days ago with the same thing and showed symptoms of coughing, sore throat , gooey eyes and a fever . Then I got sick 3 days ago with cough and sore throat. About 5 days ago the baby started getting gooey eyes but the gooey eyes for both children is gone. I have not gotten a fever or gooey eyes. The baby has not gotten a fever. We are all both still coughing. When we cough it can be continuous for maybe 30secs and then we are fine. I have tried giving cough medicine for all of us.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012