Child having cold and cough. On Budate and Asthalin inhaler. Cough is persisting. Advice?

My son is 3.7 years. he is having very often cough n cold . 2 months before we visited the dr. n she advised Budate 100 inhaler for continuos use ( daily 2 times 2 puffs) n asthalin inhaler if cough is severe. Am giving budate regularly, but in these 2 months for 5 times he affected with cold n cough sometimes with fever. Am really worried n dont know wht to do to get rid off from this cough. Because of cough he is not able to eat properly if he had also he will take vomit . Please advise.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012