Child having a problem in bowel movement after potty training. Psychological?

Our 3 year old son has never had a formed bowel movement . Since I ve potty trained him he s had issues pooping. His pop is a sticky substance and he will go only a tiny bit at a time. We had to put him back in diapers as he goes through about 8 diapers a day. He crosses his legs and stands in a corner and is definitely straining . We don t know if this is psychological and he is holding it in or if its something more? It is very smelly as well. Any thoughts? P
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern and looking to the history given here I could say that, this is not the sigh of any disease but this need proper guidance and for that you need to see the pediatric counselor, or lese you have to wait for some time child would learn this soon, hope this information helps, take care and have a nice day.