Child has watery motions with greenish tinge, high fever after antibiotics for stomach infection. Advise?

Child 16 months old boy. Was having very soft stool since 2 days with mild fever . Took local doctor s advice and started giving him antibiotic syrup for stomach infection since yesterday morning. Last night he had two watery motions with greenish tinge and his body temperature shot to 103F. When not in distress, he is in good, playful mood. Please advise. Thanks. K. BANERJEE, Bangalore, India.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Dear Kamalesh Banerjee I think the main cause of high temp of your baby is dehydration.
Just continue with antibiotics as your doctotor prescribed and complete the course.
Ror temp you can give the baby Paracetamol Syrup (500mgm/5ml) 2.5 mls three times daily.
Get some Electrol sachets and dissolve 1 sachet in 300mls od boiled and cooled water and feed
the baby frequently. I wish him speedy recovery. Kindest regards Dr. S.K.Mukherjee