Child has throat pain, discomfort during meals. How long to heal?

Hello, my son has been complaining that his throat hurts. It is not strep throat symptoms, he states it feels like something is poking or stinging him. It is on his right side, in the lymph node area. He says he told me he may have swallowed a chicken bone maybe 4 days ago now. I first heard him complaining on Sunday the 7th. When he eats or drinks it will bother him for a while and then it seems to go away and later he will complain and hold the side of his throat, but eventually he stops complaining. Not sure what to do or how long it would take his throat to heal if he had swallowed something?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013