Child has swollen gums, constant cry, in pain, stomach virus. What should i do?

My grandson has swollen gums, he is crying and I'm sure hungry, we took him to Urgent Care (Saturday) his doctor's were closed. They said he was teething. He has a constant cry and in pain, took him to the pediatrician, they said it was his teething. Decided to take him to the dentist, the dentist said it was a stomach virus. How is it that his pediatrician didn't know that, we got the run around and our poor baby is in pain. Is this common, what do I need to do to make sure this doesn't happen again? I don't like to see my baby uncomfortable.. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013