Child has sudden drop in appetite, looks clingy, cranky. Does not have any apparent illness and is getting molars. Cause?

Hi, I have an 21 month old who is usually very easy going and a good sleeper and eater. For the last 2-3 he will not eat much, he is sooky, cling and cranky all the time. I have been to the doctors several times and there is no apparent illness . He has got 8 teeth top and bottom and did not have any poblems with this. I am thining he mayb getting his molars, however it i going on for weeks, Is this normal? He is like a completely different child, he is always whinging, this is not like him at all. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern. I suggest that you discuss with your doctor and get a urine routine examination of your son to rule out urninary infection. Eruption of the molars does not cause such a problem as teeth eruption is not a painful process, though a child likes to nibble at hard things.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.