Child has soreness and tenderness on bottom of feet. Cause of stones in urine?

Hello, I have a 11 year old son who has been complaining of sore, tenderness on bottom of feet for a few month s. Recently he has been complaining of pain in lower pelvic area . He came home Friday after school and urinated and told me he peed a stone . And then proceeded to tell me he could not pee earlier at school. My question is what could be causing the stones and could the foot soreness be related? Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012

Thank you for your mail.

There can be a number of reasons of formation of stone in the urinary tract. Most common reason being reduced intake of liquids during summer months especially along the Gangetic plain in India. Though the stone has been excreted, your son should be investigated for presence of other stones in the urinary tract. He should ensure that he has lots of liquids to prevent recurrence. The investigations shall include:
1. Urine routine examination
2. Ultrasound of the KUB region
3. Further investigations based on the reports of the above investigations.

Soreness of bottom of feet is not related to stones in the urinary tract. He should be examined by a doctor to see what exactly is the problem and thereafter managed accordingly.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.