Child has round and hard stomach after eating. Vomiting. Need to go to ER?

My child s stomach was pretty round and hard yesterday after he was done eating so I figured he was just full. When he got up this morning, his stomach was still round and hard and he threw up. He kept saying he had to go to the bathroom but would do nothing on the potty. He popped out a SMALL amount and then when he was throwing up he was rubbing his stomach. Do I need to take him to the emergency room or get some prune juice? He s never thrown up before.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Feb 2013
This is looking like Gastritis . Continuous vomitings will lead to dehydration so better to give sips of oral rehydrating solutions. And with distention of abdomen and vomitings and constipation Intestinal obstruction is also a possibility so consult your Pediatritian immediately so that he will look into the problem and will advise the medication and specific management