Child has red palms and soles with white blotches. Yellow urine, appetite loss, dark stools. Normal?

Hi doc, my baby is now 2 years old and she has been having red palms and soles with white blotches. She is very active and intelligent. But since of late has been having appetite loss and yellowish urine and dark stools . But she is very active outwardly. I think she is teething also as find lot of saliva in her mouth. She was a premature born at 7 months and incubated for 21 days. But she had a steady progress and very active. She had 2 holes in the heart at birth but an echo done confirms they are healed and patched up now. But can this be of any relevance to her red palms and soles now or is it normal for babies?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012

Thank you for your query.

I do not think that there is anything to worry about the redness of the palms and soles as it is normal. However if the child is passing yellowish urine then it needs to be checked up to exclude any problem with her liver function.

It is good that the holes in the heart have closed. However, the child should be regularly followed up.

I hope I have asnwered your query to your satisfaction.