Child has recurring dry cough, aggravates at night, subsides with Robitussin. What could be the cause?

Hi. I have a 4 year old daughter who has been battling a cough for a while now. It started as a very dry cough that really only seemed to bother her during the night. After about a week it went away. Now about a week later it is back with sounds of mucus . It responds well to children s Robitussin . Today my husband and I noticed that she is quite pale. What do you think is going on? Her actions don t seem to be much different other than taking a very long nap today and she isn t complaining about anything other than the cough.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012