Child has peeling on both hands causing severe pain. Any ointment to aid healing?

I am writing about a 12-yr old string student I have been teaching. She came to class today, showed me that the fingers on both hands (esp. the left) were peeling, said it was due to frostbite and that it hurt to play (press the strings of the violin down to the fingerboard). I sent her to the school nurse to have a look; she said the school nurse told her there was nothing she could do. Is there any ointment I could recommend for her to use to aid in the healing and possibly make it easier for her to play? Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
USe of a good emollient/ intensively moisturising cream and steroid cream twice in a day should help her out. Once the peeling resolves, she should stick to use of emollients alone. As long as her finger tips are peeling she should avoid playing violin
Hope that helped.