Child has lump on the head, no injury, fluctuates in size, had similar occurrence earlier. Cause?

My 1 yr old son was playing outside. Noticed what looked like a bee sting . Was size of a dime. It was white and looked like a small bite in the middle. He never cried so i dont know if it is even a sting but looked just like it. Anyway today its a lump like he hit his head. Throughout the day it has gotten bigger and then smaller and then bigger again. This is very weird to my wife and i. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012