Child has low appetite, takes long to finish his mean. Tips to resolve the problem?

Hi doctor, I am the worried mother of a 4 year old son who does not eat properly. He takes a very long time to finish his meal and that is getting very stressful for me. I have consulted a couple of doctors however failed to get a resolution for my problem. Can you please help? Thanks for your help in advance. Regards.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Firstly, if everything else is normal with your son, like his physical and mental health and his normal activities, you need not worry at all. Some children are slow eaters. Try to see that you provide him food in the way he likes and see that he gets nourishment in a presentable way. You may have to change your recipes. Patience and confidence that you are the only one who can deal with him will work wonders. You can try small frequent meals instead of a big long one. You can also consult a nutritionist. Good luck.