Child has line like bruises on limbs. Worried

hi my 2 month old keeps gettig line like bruses on her legs and arms and little spot like bruses under her neck at first i thort my 2 year old may have bumped her but this is the 4th time know and my 2 year old want there 3 of the times one was after her fist jabs and check up but it want there at doc and when we got home a big strait bruse down her arm i am so worried
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Dear Stefh 16 I am sorry to hear about your 2 months old baby who

is having spontenious bruises. The commonest cause of that is due

to lack of a particular component in blood known as platelets. Apart from

that there are other causes as well. You have not mension how is the

baby behaving? How about feeding? has the baby got high temp?

My advise will be to take the baby to Paedtrician who will give the baby through

clinical examinations and blood tests. Please let me know if you got any other quiry.

Kindest regards Dr. S.K.Mukherjee