Child has hives and swelling in extremities after taking Amoxicillin. Black and blue ankles, difficulty breathing. Normal?

My daughter is experiencing a severe reaction to amoxicillin and we have been to both the dr and then the er last night. She has hives and swelling in her extremities. It seemed to improve over night an Ethan has been getting worse again today. I have given her Benadryl and predlisone as instructed, however she has more swelling and doesn t even want me to touch her. Now her ankles are turning black and blue from the swelling, is this normal? What else should I do? Thankfully she is not experiencing difficulty breathing but since that is the case it seems the don t have anything else to tell me. She is 2.5 years old and in serious discomfort!
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012